No satellites doesn't sound like poor signal to me.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Jan 26, 2018 3:28 PM, "Kristian Hoffmann" <kh...@fire2wire.com> wrote:

We fought with losing GPS sync on ePMP APs at a couple of sites.  We had
been told to point the pucks south to get the best GPS signal.  There were
several wild goose chases, as it seemed upgrading/downgrading firmware
fixed it, but only sometimes.  In the end, the solution at each of these
sites was to point the GPS puck straight up.  Our best guess was that there
was something overloading the GPS receiver in the direction we had them
pointed.  So pointing them up, while not giving them the best signal,
minimized terrestrial interference.  At least that's our theory.

-Kristian