Please allow me to give you my two cents.

First of all, all of your views are right on. I just could not agree more.
However, you have left many important parts of the puzzle.

It's not Hun Sen who stay in power forever. Sihanouk had done it for a very
long time. And the Cambodian people love him to death. So what is the
difference between Hun Sen and Sihanouk?

Now, let's look at the Vietnamese invasion. We perhaps agree that the
invasion is an intention of Vietnamese for whatever reason was. Yet, it
produced a very significant event that many Cambodians should not forget.
 The invasion saved many lives of Cambodians fromdeat by the hands of their
own people in their own country. This is fact, not a fiction.  You can say
how cruel they were or how evil they wanted to swallow Cambodia etc..... No
one can take that fact away from the event of the Vietnamese invasion of
Cambodia in 1976.

Now, here is the part that many Cambodians ignore to remind themselves
because it is their most darkest chapter of their lives. Cambodians kill
their own people in their own country with their own hands. This is fact,
not fiction.
Cambodians love to kill one another for power. Today, it is still
happening. They are killing each other for power. They would do anything to
destroy one another for their own power including Sam Rainsy.

Let me tell you the American way that Sam Rainsy always bring up to
describe himself. He wants people to see him as a representative of
democracy. IS HE/
In American politics, different parties fight hard to gain support from the
American people. They sometimes fight with negative acts. They may accuse
one another for this and for that.
When the election is over, they always bring the INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE to
the forefront. That's is the best of the American politics. We put America
first.
In contrary, Cambodians fights until they destroy one another to the
ground. It consequently bring the whole nation down to the ground.

Khmer Rougef had a vision fore their own country. They didn't intend to
destroy it. Their hearts and soul are their vision of brighter future of
Cambodian communist country. It didn't work, did it?
Even when their acts destroyed Cambodia, no one shall say that they hate
and destroyed their country. That was not what they wanted. But it
happened.

This should be a lesson for future Cambodia. Unfortunately, Cambodains have
chosen their root. I normally call it as "TYPICAL CAMBODIANS"
One used to say:" If the dog tail is curl, it is always curl."

Cambodian new generation need to understand this part of their ancestor.
Today, they believe in the old regime like Sam Raiinsy because they believe
that that is the best of democracy. Unfortunately, THAT IS THE OLD
TRADITIONAL POLITICS IN CAMBODIA.

---
"Cambodia Discussion (CAMDISC) - www.cambodia.org" group.
to camdisc+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.