I would like to make a suggestion of something I have
thought about but not tried. There is a material used
by heating and air conditioning installers for
flexible ductwork that is very similar to the "Slinky"
I played with when I was a kid.  It is also similar to
the dryer vent hose sold in hardware stores, but is
bigger and more rigid.  It comes in 6" and 8" diameter
(and probably more sizes).

I thought that it might work as a bellows material.
There are drawbacks.  It is made from very reflective
foil over a wire frame, but the foil could be painted
or covered internally with a non-reflective or flat
black material.  It is not as rigid as a fabric
bellows (although extra long bellows sometimes sag
anyway).  And it would probably not last as long.

But the price is right.  It was less than a dollar a
foot when I bought some to play with.  A foot of it
would compress down to much less than an inch.  And it
is very light.

I was going to attach it to the front and back
standards with embroidery hoops.  This would allow me
to change bellows about as easily as changing lenses.

Since I am working on another project at this time I
wanted to pass the idea along in case someone else
wanted to mess around with it.

I enjoy the list and appreciate the many things I have
learned here.