On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Manuel Estébanez wrote:

> I have a 5 x 7 wood view camera and I want to adapt a sheet film
> holder for daguerreotype use but, it is easy to make a simple
> daguerreotype camera?. I have a rack- pinion (Darlot lens). Any
> archive, link, etc.. about it?

The Daguerreotypist that I know uses an old Speed Graphic with a slightly
modified film holder.  The Dag plate is fastened in place with a piece of
double sided sticky tape.  Basically, there isn't anything special about
the camera needed to make Dag.'s ... that I know of anyway.

> PD:  Sorry, my english is very bad

Your English is much better than my non-existent Spanish.  Don't worry
about it.

- Wayde
  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])