On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, William Nettles wrote:

> Trans lucent plex for light boxes transmits the same amount of light
> regardless of the thickness. so use the thickest plex you can afford.
>
> Also a trick of the enlarger light manufacturers is to taper the thickness
> of the diffusion near the edges.

OK, I'm confused.  The way I read the first sentence it sounds like you
are implying that there is basically no loss in the Plexiglass, and that
thick Plexiglass "transmitts the same amount of light" as thinner
stock.  Then in the next sentence you talk about modifying the thickness
of the Plexiglass to adjust the amount of light transmitted.  Could you
please clarify?

- Wayde
  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])