It was asked where one can buy thin leather for bellows;  I must admit it
has been a few years since I bought there, but Tandy  shops did have
it.  These seem to be moderately common; however, maybe they have all
disappeared since I was there.

It is likely to be a little thicker but I have bought old clothing and
stripped the leather out of it.  It takes patience but you can get real
bargains in some high quality material.  Likely items are long coats and
skirts; a jacket can also yield large enough pieces but it is less likely.

Conversely, good fabric is liable to last longer and be more resistant to
rot, as well as being thinner, but I agree, leather does offer something
special, and how many of us will outlast it?

Bob