Dear Barry,

Perhaps you have some advice on getting the depth correct.  The obvious
solution is wires, for the outside thread (except for those who are lucky
enough to have a thread micrometer.)  How is the mating inside thread
monitored for depth?   This is the operation which was my worry when
expressing concern.  With a single start thread you can advance in small
steps, using the outside thread as a gauge.  With four starts that is a
little trickier; you have to cut all four, test, and if more metal must be
removed, repeat.  Conversely, if one can measure, there is no big problem
in advancing the tool the right amount.  Unfortunately, I have never even
seen a micrometer for inner threads!

You advice will be welcomed by all who might have to face this problem.

Bob