I just saw the very nice site on the construction of an 8x10 camera and had
a suggestion.  In the text it is mentioned contact cement was not
successful as an adhesive.  I am not too surprised because this stuff is
horrible to apply as a thin and uniform coat using a brush or other obvious
method.  However, spraying seems to work, using the cement offered in spray
cans.  It is more expensive than the normal kind, but the extra cost is
worth it, I think.  Contact cement is robust and flexible, making a quite
strong bond.  As far as I have seen, it stays functional for a long time (I
would not be happy to have my bellows fall apart because the wrong cement
dried up after just a year or two.)   It also has the virtue of drying
before the bond is closed, a potential problem with solvent evaporation
cements used with non-porous bellows coverings.

One problem which must be solved is the keeping the spray from blowing away
the little reinforcement/stiffener  strips which some of you will be
using.  I hold them down with fine monofilament fishing line or sewing
thread. There are surely other ways but this one is easy enough.

I have also been tempted to try silicone as a glue.  It has one nasty
feature; it forms a film very quickly and I worry about whether the joint
will be good if such a film develops.  Conversely, this is a material which
ages very gracefully and it is very flexible.  It can be thinned (naphtha
or white spirit) but it tends to be viscous unless very
heavily  thinned.  (I believe the solution is thixotropic.)  (If I spelled
that wrong, please forgive me and let us know what is correct; my spelling
checker doesn't know the word and neither does my "Spelling Ace"!)  It
should be ok if you can close the joint quickly after application of the
silicone.

Bob