>I currently have a Kodak anastigmat special 127mm lens
>from an old 616 camera.  Does anyone have any
>experience in using this lens in a 4x5 camera?

Rich,
  The surprise here for me is that this is a 127 mm focal length lens but
from a 616 camera.  I thought that the 616 Kodak Monitor with the Anastigmat
Special lens used a shorter focal length, like 114 mm or so.  I don't have a
reference nearby to check this, but are you sure that your lens didn't come
off the World War II era "Combat Graphic", a military version without
bellows which used a front-element-focusing lens of 127 mm if I recall
correctly?  If so, then the lens should have no trouble covering 4 X 5,
because that is what the camera was!  RKS