From the photos I cannot judge but the electrical thing on the back of the
lenboard is probably a shutter operated by a "rotary solenoid", most likely
made by "LEDEX".  Instead of a linear motion the shaft turns with
application of an adequate voltage.   It might operate something else than
a shutter but you should be able to tell that by manually inducing the
rotation.  I will avoid letting my imagination run wild regarding what it
might be when it is NOT a shutter!

Bob