Michael wrote:

 The answers to these two questions should be decided together -- you want
> select a glue that will work with the cloth and stiffener material that
you are
> using.   My guess is that if you use estar-based graphic film, which is
> essentially polyester plastic with gelatin coating, that you will have
> difficulty finding a suitable glue.  The glue needs to stick but also
maintain
> some flexibility over the lifetime of the bellows.   I think that white
glue is
> usually used for bellows, which makes sense because it retains some
flexibility.
> But white glue will probably stick poorly to the film.  Unless you see a
> compelling advantage to using the film for the stiffeners, it might be
wiser to
> stick to the traditional and time-proven materials.   If you think that
there
> might be some significant advantage to a new material, it would be a good
idea
> to make a sample layer of the materials and flex it every day for several
months
> as a test.

John Cremati replied:
      I have used white glue to try to rebind some of my books and it does
work very well on cloth and paper...  but I am dead set on using the Cordura
nylon as the outer layer on the bellows.     I would have my doubts that the
white glue would adhere permanently to these materials... I would have more
faith in  contact cement  ... .. It would be nice if I could find something
that would allow a little time to position the two assembles, and adheres to
these materials, and is sprayable....
     I imagine in the old days they would have  used animal hide glue or
fish glue  and called it a day.   That was  about their only option.......I
will take your suggestion though and give what ever glue I find  a  test .
Regards,
John Cremati