Actually, I'd suggest you reconsider and look in the latest issue of
NUTS and VOLTS magazine, also past issues of QST magazine (the ham radio
magazine) which deal with model airplane mounted chip color video cameras
and small 450mhz and 1.2 gigahertz tv transmitters. Chip camera with 75
milliwatt TV transmitter weigh a few ounces. With good lighting in
daytime, you get some impressive photos of the neighborhood  ;-) ;-)

see also balloon borne TV http://www.qsl.net/w5sjz/balloonpj.htm - they
have a really impressive set of photos of a balloon at 90,000+ feet, you
can see clouds waaay below, with the black curved edge of atmosphere out
to the sides, very impressive. They also caught the weather balloon when
it exploded, like glass since it was so frozen at high altitude, dropping
setup to parachute to earth (GPS signal for quick recovery).

Our campus radio club is setting up an amateur television station next
weekend (receiver), and I hope to get student club $$ this month for a
transmitter (60 mile range). One exploit planned is a tethered balloon
on campus with a rotating mirror at 45 degrees to image the campus ;-)

an alternative, if you have to use film, is a relatively light 35mm point
and shoot with electronic switch trigger and motorized drive; you can use
a remote control or setup a timer (555 chip from radio shack) to pulse it
and take a photo every ten seconds or so. See kite photography and
similar links at http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/links.html for tips, mf/aerial.html

Hope this helps bobm

* Robert Monaghan POB752182 So. Methodist Univ., Dallas Tx 75275  *
* Third Party 35mm Lenses: http://medfmt.8k.com/third/index.html  *
* Medium Format Cameras: http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/index.html       *