Hello Gui,

> have any of you ever substituted non-glare framing glass for anti-newton
> glass in your enlargers?

I use one such in my 6x9 enlarger. Newton rings are completely gone
(and had been a real pain with regular glass).

I was going to make a post about it to this or some other list,
mentioning that the glass is not the "textured" nor "frosted" kind
which seems to be always mentioned when discussing the anti-Newton
solutions. It is perfectly plain and I guess falls within your
description of "non-glare framing glass" -- although it was sold as a
dedicated enlarger accessory in my case. It said "multicoated class"
and could be had with one or both sides multicoated (which I don't see
much reason for) -- I think it's the same kind that's used for framing.

Newton rings is a thin film effect which stems from reflection, so
minimizing  reflections should (and really does) help.

Haven't tried the Tetenal spray.

Regards,
Mikhail