Thank you for your insight.
Jim
----- Original Message -----
From: "Edge, Rory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 8:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Cameramakers] Popular Mechanics Files

> Jim, I am a lawyer.  Just ignore this nonsense.  You have been very
helpful to a lot of people.  The Hearst corporation couldn't care less that
you circulated a 60 year old article on view camera plans.  I do care, and I
appreciate your help.  And I envy the fact that you have Popular Mechanics
back to 1932.  It must make for very interesting reading.

interest. Can we let this matter die - I am 84 years old and was going
through my collection of PM magazines, prior to disposing of them,  when I
saw this and thought of you people. By the way I have every issue from 1932
> It was not my intention to start a fracas over this attempt to help.
> Jim

Hearst Publications is still very much in business and they still publish
Popular Mechanics.  I collect the Popular Mechanics "Do It Yourself
Encyclopedias" - very much interesting and a lot of fun. There have been
calls for scans of some of the articles from the 1955 edition of the
Encyclopedia in another NG.  I have advised the people who asked for the
scans of the edition and the page numbers.  I can't legally make the scans
for them and post them, much as I would like to.  If you want to email the
file, privately from one person to another, that's your business. Posting as
a general file for anyone to take is akin to publishing the information -
and someone else owns the copyright. I am no attorney, but this idea of open
posting has been covered many times on other NGs.

> Regards,
>
> Marv
>
> Jim wrote:
>

> Sorry that the plan is so useless also was not aware that 60 years was not
>
> enough time and knowing that Mr. Love was deceased thought all was in
order.

> In keeping with this warning of impending trouble the file is no longer
>
> available. Sorry if any of those 60 or so who downloaded it are going to
be

> sued by Mr. Soloff or Mr. Hearst.
>
> Regrets,
>
> Jim