On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 08:59:31AM -0500, Edgar Friendly wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 04:38 AM, oliver wrote:
> >More concise does not always mean better readable or more performant.
> >You apply the same kind of selection for both values.
>
> I can't measure readability, but I did throw together a quick
> benchmark to test the different methods.  Please take no offense at
> this - I'm sure that the responses were headed much more towards
> readability than performance,

Thats not offending, the result is fine for me. :-)

I preferred the pattern-match version, because I like
things to be displayed in tables. ;-)

My version (option type and folding on lists) you did not implemented, but
maybe it would have been my work to do that.
But I liked the pattern macthing way.

That it also is the fastest way, is a fine result. :-)

I hope you used more than one call of the function and
used average / stddev on your values to get reliable results...

I don't know your Bench-module.
Where is it from?

Ciao,
   Oliver