Caml-list,

I need an SQL server that a web-client can query and send the results to
some JavaScript graphic package.
My problem is that the bandwidth and server power are limited and paid per
usage.

On the other hand, the data I am working with has good properties
- read only
- client always looking at the same subset of data from "different angles"
- easy to compute a subset of data the client will work on

For instance the database contains 5 years of sales of a company in all
their stores. Some clients will want to investigate all the products of a
given store, other will want to compare a single product on all the stores,
others the sales evolution per department per year, etc.

Therefore I thought I could add a "cache" on the client side, meaning an
in-memory SQL database that would receive a big block of data from the
server and work on it till the client writes a query that needs some data
that is not available locally in which case it would request it from the
server, etc.

I haven't found anything like that ready-to-use, so I was considering
reengineering existing OCaml code (database + web) and maybe compile it to
JavaScript. I have control on the client so I can afford installing an
OCaml runtime if needed albeit impractical though.

Does anyone has an SQL engine written in OCaml ? I can only find bindings.
Also, has anyone tested the OCaml -> JavaScript on projects with
significant computation work ?

        Diego Olivier