Gerd Stolpmann <i...@gerd-stolpmann.de> writes:

> What I did not understand up to now: It is really easy to keep all this
> information in a helper data structure. Why extend Bigarray?
>
> Gerd

A helper data structure would mean keeping track of that information on
my own complicating the source and wasting memory at runtime.

On the other hand what I suggested only makes use of what is already
there in the Bigarray data structure. The functions would only make that
information available to the user. I'm not a fan of duplicating
information that is already there. Worst case the helper data structure
could be wrong due to some bug in the code.

MfG
        Goswin