Am Donnerstag, den 08.03.2012, 17:09 +0100 schrieb Jérémie Dimino:
> Le Thu, 8 Mar 2012 01:26:38 +0100,
> Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buen...@erratique.ch> a écrit :
>
> > 1) All the packages I distribute are made of a single module. For now
> > these were just installed as .cmo .cmx .cmxs. Now it seems oasis
> > forces me to create a .mllib even if I have only one module. Is that
> > correct ?
>
> Note that in general it is better to install a cma/cmxa, even if your
> library has only one module. The reason is that when building an
> executable, cmo/cmx files passed on the command line are always linked,
> while unused units of cma/cmxa files are not (unless you specify
> -linkall).

Right. Just one refinement: if you also install the cmx _in addition to_
the cmxa, you enable cross-module inlining for this particular module.
This is completely optional. I usually do it only when I think it makes
sense. (Cannot comment on how this is handled in oasis.)

Gerd

> --
> Jérémie

Gerd Stolpmann, Darmstadt, Germany    g...@gerd-stolpmann.de
Creator of GODI and camlcity.org.
*** Searching for new projects! Need consulting for system
*** programming in Ocaml? Gerd Stolpmann can help you.