Taking one step back, what you actually want is a data structure that:

-is a container for elements of some type 'a
-some elements are tagged with a "state" tag 'b
-the elements have an ordering
-you can add elements
-you can tag elements with a "state" tag
-you can remove the current element
-you can remove the tag from the current element
-you can get the current element
-you can move the current element one step (forward&backward)
-you can get the tag of the current element
-you can move the current element one step to the next/prev tagged one

And you want this structure to be fast, right? Or do you only care about
the concrete implementation?
You should think about the type of the elements and tags you want to be
able to use: Do they have a natural ordering? Are they hashable?

I would advice you to 1st write the interface with the functions you
require, then think about the implementation. I'm under the impression
that you have a decent C implementation and want to transfer that to OCaml
at all costs.

Regards

-Markus

--