Dear camlers,
I used js_of_ocaml several times and was really stunned of how clever
(notably because writing interfaces boils down to writing types) and
efficient this approach is. Would a similar thing work for the JVM, that is
a compiler from ocaml bytecode to java bytecode? I guess it wouldn't
provide a full interoperability with java, in the sense that creating or
extending classes may not be possible (well, why not after all?). However,
being able to run an ocaml program on the JVM reusing existing java
libraries would be so useful already!

Are there known obstacles to this? Has anyone tried something in this
direction? Would there be a chance to support multicore programming that
way? I hope these are not silly questions (sorry if they are!)

Best,
  Philippe.