Richard Jones wrote:
I'm sure you know why, but because (a) it's a huge amount of work and
(b) the sort of people who can do the work already use emacs so they
don't need it.
Actually, as a regular Emacs hacker myself, I checked out .NET's F# environment and I must confess that I was quite impressed. It is actually really neat. Instead of the usual edit, M-x compile, M-x next-error cycle, the code is compiled in the background creating "squigglies" under code that has errors. Using this and the Intelli-sense completion features is very nice and I wish we could have the equivalent under Emacs. (Of course, though those features still won't detract me from my everyday daily use of Emacs.) Perhaps some OCaml/Emacs hackers could work together on a system where emacs and the ocaml communicates better?

Thanks,

PKE.

--
Pål-Kristian Engstad ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), Lead Graphics & Engine Programmer,
Naughty Dog, Inc., 1601 Cloverfield Blvd, 6000 North,

"Most of us would do well to remember that there is a reason Carmack
is Carmack, and we are not Carmack.",