Alp Mestan a écrit :
Hi,

I'm currently studying the lambda code generation phase of the standard OCaml compiler.

You can take a look at this for an example : http://blog.mestan.fr/2009/03/22/ocaml-and-dlambda-1/

I'm wondering what is 'makeblock' for ?
And why is there '/<a number>' after every variable/function name ? Isn't the name sufficient for identifying variables ?

Thanks !

If I recall correctly, makeblock is for block allocation and is used to make empty blocks for everything that does not fit in just one integer.

The /<a number> is used to uniquely identify identifiers. In this example :

let x = 1 in let x = 2 in x

The /<a number> allows you to know which "let" variable is represented by the "x" at the end.

--
Romain Bardou