Le 5 mai 10 à 21:16, Ed Keith a écrit :

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Eray Ozkural <examach...@gmail.com> wrote:

Or use the real ocaml on a real OS
(^_^)

I do not understand UNIX bigotry.

Yes, Unix is technically superior to Windows. But Plan 9 is technically superior to Unix. But I doubt Eray is running Plan 9.

More computers run Windows than all other OS's combined. If you want a large user base you need to support Windows. If you do not care about the size of your user base, write for Plan 9.

Personalty I try to support as many systems as practical.

It bothers me that the Ocaml community seems to consider Windows developers as second class citizens. Until this changes Ocaml will never be a main stream language. F# may eat it's lunch. But F# is tied to Windows, Ocaml has the potential to be multi-platform. I just wish it would live up to this potential.

I guess you shouldn't take some stup** trollism as representing the whole community thinking though. I am not a Windows user but this kind of "Windows sucks" remark pisses me off.

Still, it's a fact that it's hard to use ocaml on Windows but there are frequently some posts on this list showing that many ocamlers do care about Windows. The Ocaml Team explicitly requests some help of windows users to test the releases because they know it's a downside of ocaml. I think this shows that they really seem to care about it and try to improve.

V.