Hello,

2010/5/21 Hans Ole Rafaelsen <hrafael...@gmail.com>

> When packing a set of modules into a top module using -pack, is there a way
> to have some of the modules private to the package?
>
> If I have the modules Helper, Foo and Bar. Helper provides helper functions
> used by Foo and Bar. When I'm packing them into a top mudule P, I do not
> want to expose the functions of Helper to users of P.
>
> Is there some way to achieve this?  If not, do anyone know of other ways
> for packing libraries and keeping some of the modules private to the
> library?

Just write yourself a file p.mli without your private modules:
=== p.mli ===
module Foo : ...
module Bar : ...
==========
Of course, you can not refer to signatures of modules Foo and Bar in p.mli.
Thus you have to duplicate them or, better, to write them somewhere outside
the package.

>From a compilation point of view, be sure to generate p.cmi by using p.mli
before generating the pack files p.cm[ox].

We use such a trick in the Frama-C tool (http://frama-c.com) for providing
(usually empty) interfaces of its plug-ins. But I do not recommend you to
read the Frama-C Makefiles for looking at the corresponding compilation
lines (except if you are **very** motivated).

Hope this helps,
Julien