Hello

Here is the latest OCaml Weekly News, for the week of December 03 to 10,
2019.

Table of Contents
─────────────────

Internships at Nomadic-labs
Interesting OCaml Articles
Next OUPS meetup December 18th 2019
Old CWN

Internships at Nomadic-labs
═══════════════════════════

Archive: <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/internship-at-nomadic-labs/4819>

Julien Tesson announced
───────────────────────

Nomadic Labs is currently looking for students with an interest in functional programming for internships that would take place in our
 offices in Paris or Grenoble.

 We have a catalog of internships topics available at [1] The
internships topics are mainly addressed to master student but other
 well motivated application will be considered.

A first selection phase on received résumé will occur on december 15th. Please contact us at cont...@nomadic-labs.com by specifying
 which topics in the catalog you're interested in.

 [1]: <https://nomadic-labs.com/download/internship_catalog.pdf>

 Please, feel free to redistribute widely.

Interesting OCaml Articles
══════════════════════════

 Archive:
 <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/interesting-ocaml-articles/1867/57>

james woodyatt announced
────────────────────────

 Found on *Lobste.rs*: Mark Karpov writes yet another [Haskell
vs. OCaml] for old time's sake. I found it worth a read and a mention
 here.

p.s. He spends a bit of time in the intro lamenting the lack of a conventional Unicode string library for OCaml, and I feel that pain acutely, especially since I'm the author of an *unconventional* one,
 i.e. the [Ucs_text] module in my [Orsetto] project.

[Haskell vs. OCaml] <https://markkarpov.com/post/haskell-vs-ocaml.html>

[Ucs_text]
<https://bitbucket.org/jhw/orsetto/src/default/src/ucs/ucs_text.mli>

[Orsetto] <https://bitbucket.org/jhw/orsetto>

Next OUPS meetup December 18th 2019
═══════════════════════════════════

 Archive:
 <https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list/2019-12/msg00009.html>

Bruno Bernardo announced
────────────────────────

The OUPS meetup is back. The next one will take place on Wednesday, December 18, 7pm at IRILL on the Jussieu campus. As usual, we will
 have a few talks, followed by pizzas and drinks.

 The talks will be the following:

 • Nathan Rebours, The future of OCaml-PPX

 • Guillaume Claret, coq-of-ocaml
   (<https://clarus.github.io/coq-of-ocaml/>)

 And possibly a third talk. Contact us if you want to present
something, especially if you have a small project you want to show in
 10-15min.

 To register, or for more information, go here:
 <https://www.meetup.com/ocaml-paris/events/267019458>

 *Registration is required! Access is not guaranteed after 7pm if
you're not registered.* (It also helps us to order the right amount of
 food.)

 Access map:
 IRILL - Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI)
 Barre 15-16 1er étage
 4 Place Jussieu
 75005 Paris
 <https://www.irill.org/pages/access.html>

Old CWN
═══════

If you happen to miss a CWN, you can [send me a message] and I'll mail it to you, or go take a look at [the archive] or the [RSS feed of the
 archives].

If you also wish to receive it every week by mail, you may subscribe
 [online].

 [Alan Schmitt]

[send me a message] <mailto:alan.schm...@polytechnique.org>

[the archive] <http://alan.petitepomme.net/cwn/>