Advanced file systems like ZFS can protect data against silent corruption
(eg. bitrot). Does Perkeep have similar built in protections against such
silent corruption?

If it does not contain such bitrot protection at present, would it be
something that can be realistically done in current or roadmapped designs?

I've been recently burned by bitrot on large compressed VMs that were on a
home NAS which ran Linux mdraid so this is a problem near and dear to me.

BTW - Wicked project. Keep up the great work!