You can just include the camping library alongside the app.  Put
camping.rb (and maybe the folder 'camping' that has some helper
scripts for sessions, webrick, etc.) in the same directory as your
main .rb file.  In your script, when you say "require 'camping'" it
will load Camping from there, instead of looking for the gem.  If you
remove "require 'rubygems'" from your script, you can test it on your
machine to make sure it's working, without uninstalling the gem.

-- Eric