On Sep 26, 2007, at 4:24 AM, Evan Weaver wrote:

As far as I can tell, sym_tbl is just a regular st_table, so it's an
expanding array similar to the Ruby heap.

Oddly enough, this:

c = 0
loop { c += 1; puts "two_symbols_sitting_in_a_tree_#{c}".to_sym }
was a total crasher on 1.8.5 but works on 1.8.6 p110. Don't have time to build 1.8.5. again and check, unfortunately.

But as people say that symbol table is not even GCed I would avoid converting people's input into symbols anyway.

--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
please send all personal mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]