On Jul 15, 2008, at 12:58 AM, Bluebie, Jenna wrote:

I really do think we should build in the SCRIPT_URL || SCRIPT_NAME thingo. This is going to be a relatively common situation. Totally worth the bytes.

You might, but this is a can of worms. See, right now for example, if you need to mount Camping on all root URLs but you still want to handle static files via frontent web servers you have a problem, because an FCGI mount "swallows" all URLs inside it.

I didn't manage (with the current setup, not with Camping 2) to both mount a rooted app and handle the files bypassing it, exactly because
in FCGI-parlance the "mount" of the FCGI dispatcher is the SCRIPT_NAME.

Dunno about "thingos" but a clean solution would be welcome (also Rack currently advises the user to _write_ a hack for Lighttpd
for broken SCRIPT_NAME - can't even tell how silly that is).