FYI, when not using reststop, calling render :_some_partial from a
template will automatically wrap the partial in the layout.

I think this is because the render method automatically wraps a view
in the layout if the layout exists, rather than checking if the first
character is an underscore and then wrapping the view in the layout if
this is not the case (like the basic_render method from reststop).

Another thing that is not possibly when using Tilt (whether using
reststop or not) is calling a partial that takes arguments. For
instance, I have a Markaby partial for a button:

  def _button href, text='Cancel'
    a.button text, :href=>href
  end

I can call that from other Markaby views with:

_button R(SomeController), 'Some Controller'

But I can't call render on that method because the camping lookup
method will try to turn the entire render argument into a symbol. It's
trying to lookup a method "_button R(SomeController), 'Some
Controller'" rather than a method "_button" with the arguments
"R(SomeController), 'Some Controller'".

Hopefully that was clear enough.

Dave

--