[First of all I am breaking off the topic about serving static files from the "Camping's URL mapping system" thread as it is becoming too hard to follow multiple topics]

One solution I have been using for a while is based on the following post (back in 2007): "Serving static files in Camping, with a single route" <http://www.twofishcreative.com/michael/blog/2007/12/12/serving-static-files-in-camping-with-a-single-route>. I do realize that it would be great to have a generic mechanism built-into the framework itself. Maybe a couple configuration options with the basic defaults could include the root of all static content (/public, /files, /static, etc.), and basic file types to be treated as static.

I think this feature would be separate from the ability to serve multiple apps (although it might need to factor that in).