Hi,

I do exactly this at the moment.  I mean the Content-language HTTP header
line.
The problem with this is that Google can't make difference in this way
between
the pages in different languages - probably because of these translations
are
available under the same URL, and there's nothing in the document that
describes
the language.  What's more xhtml_strict always tells that it's in English.
:(

Wise SEO people use a language code somewhere (in the path or as a
subdomain, sometimes as a separate domain), but I don't want to go so far.
I just hope that Google is good enough to recognize the different
translations
of the same content available under the same URL if there's something in the
document that indicates this.  At least a <HTML lang="xx">.

I would like to switch to HTML5, but I'm waiting for Camping to make it the
default :)

u.