Hello Campers!
I am happy to announce that the camping 1 click deployment is now available at
http://1.ai
The platform has been coded with camping (with some help from bash for the
backend scripts) and it seems to work very well.

We have spent some time to get sure that it would be secure and easy to use.
After working on an easy and secure way to upload/manage files online etc. we
have found an easier solution: fetch a github repository with a camping
application and - with one click -deploy it online at yourname.1.ai

So how does this works ?
1 - you signup
2 - after logging in you simply fetch your camping application from a github
repository there is a sample hello world available at
https://github.com/gurugeek/0ai and this is also explained in the app admin page
3 - after fetching (provided that this is a valid camping app and has a valid
config.ru file) your application will be live.

The admin panel has all these instructions and if you try to fetch a
non-camping application from a github repository it will return the relevant
error.

The system supports private repositories too (this said I wouldn't run
something very secret and private on it!) but you would need to authorise the
github user 1ai to access your private repository.

Github has a lot of wonderful features so I feel that this was the best
solution without re-inventing the wheel. It is probably the fastest and easiest
way to get your camping application up and running.

Each application is securely isolated but all this is running in a traditional
dedicated server (no virtual/cloud/droids) are employed. This should enhance
the application performance. The server is also using only SSD (solid state
drivers) that are not yet available in most of cloud providers (EC2, Rackspace
cloud).

I really appreciate your testing and comments so please go on and launch your
shiny Camping app at
http://1.ai  !

A small caveat: The aim of this service is (hopefully) to promote camping
(perhaps next with a programming contest with some cool prizes) but it is
obviously not meant to replace a traditional hosting in the sense that there
will be no tech support offered and the service is provided without any
warranty. This doesn't mean that is not good enough to run any of your fancy
Camping apps - just that you should not expect this to replace any professional
hosting.

Note on Databases:
-If you have an sqlite database in your github repository it should work just
fine. If it works for you locally it should work fine on http://1.ai after the
github fetch
-If you want to use CouchDB you can do it with the wonderful Chill
(https://github.com/Bluebie/chill) and http://www.iriscouch.com/ (which is free
for small apps/usage). Once you have your CouchDB on iriscouch you simply
connect to it from your camping app, fetch the data etc.

I do look forward to your comments and welcome any question you might have!
Best Regards
David

        Get the best selection of safeway job application sites here. Click
Here to
        check them out!

http://click.lavabit.com/uhoku5c17amadfhg9o4nw4fucgue4d4j5wn6q6uie66maeppqixy/