PCextreme are offering free raspberry pi colocation on a 100mbit link (the max
speed of the pi's ethernet port) with 500gb of ipv6 and ipv6 traffic per month,
guaranteeing the service for at least 12 months with no intent to shut it down
in the future or start charging. They're doing it because the costs are so low
(they don't use much power or make much heat) and it's a fun project for them!

The only cost is that you must supply your own Raspberry Pi, with an SD card
and an OS installed, and it must be in a plastic case, so all up it costs about
$60 (pi $40, case $10, sd card about $10). The raspberry pi system specs are
roughly 1ghz arm processor with 512mb of ram, however many gigabytes SD card of
storage, and a GPU capable of decoding and encoding h264 video.

Ruby 1.9.3 and camping run great on a raspberry pi with the popular Raspbian
OS, so if you're looking for a cheap way to get in to learning web tech, this
seems like a fantastic offer. I'm really keen to try it out!

http://raspberrycolocation.com/home/

Isn't that neat? Anyone have any cool ideas for what we can do with this stuff?

—
Jenna Fox