I got further yesterday by patching camping so that it uses jdbcsqlite3.
But I encountered another problem, which was Jruby+activerecord related.

It worked with native ruby but with Jruby I always got:

  Nuts::Models is not missing constant Base!

  Ruby
/home/tom/.rbenv/versions/jruby-1.7.4/gemsets/ugcmanager/gems/activesupport-
  4.0.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb: in load_missing_constant,
line 448

I already thought about ditching AR for sequel, is there an easy (maybe
someone did it already) way to replace AR with sequel in camping? I
would like to retain the nice camping model features like db migration.

Anway thanks for the reply!
Tom