Hi,

I have a question about user authentication in Camping.

What I need is more related to assigning roles to users so I can limit views based on roles. The app in question is deployed on our internal network so what would be the easiest way to implement such a thing?

I was reading about ldap but that's another completely new thing for me. On the plus side, I could use windows users as I understand.

Is there a "most suitable" gem out there or should I write a simple user creation and login / logout functionality from scratch and maybe use bcrypt for encryption?

Secondly are there any security measures I should consider even though it's an internal closed deployment?

Lastly, what's the role of the "secret" in session (http://camping.io/api/#class-Camping-Session)?

I'd appreciate any advice.

regards,
seba