Hi Francois,

Here is my 5 cents

As far as i can see its marel.com ('provider of advanced food processing
systems and services') that uploaded the code.

* What's the purpose of if ?
Maybe a server for a high level tool for configuration and interface for lots
of machines/sensors.

* Would a kind of merge with canfestival be relevant ?
I have only look lightly through the code.
The core canOpen code i dont think that is a good use of time for canfestival
to merge,
But there might very well be things they have done better.

If we look outside the core canfestival some of the tools and the esd reader
might be a handy... if its not outside the scope of the can festival project

Have a nice day

Lars E. Susaas