Hi Greg

1- yes canfestival will do a segmented transfer automaticaly if more than 4 bytes (not 8) are involved 2- block mode is for a faster SDO transfer of large buffers, it is described in the Cia301 spec.
in order to use block mode:
- just put the last parameter to 1
- increase the socketcan txquelen to approx 20 because canfestival needs to write can frames in burst the default block size in block mode is 16, so there will be 16 can frames written in the interface in one burst for each block. You can also reduce the block size used by canfestival with the configure script.

use https://bitbucket.org/Mongo/canfestival-3-asc for a more up to date code.

Kind regards

--
Francois Beaulier