From: canfestival-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:canfestival-devel@lists.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 2:09 PM
To: canfestival-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Canfestival-devel] Developing software update

Hi Greg

1- yes canfestival will do a segmented transfer automaticaly if more than 4
bytes (not 8) are involved
2- block mode is for a faster SDO transfer of large buffers, it is described in
the Cia301 spec.
in order to use block mode:
- just put the last parameter to 1
- increase the socketcan txquelen to approx 20 because canfestival needs to
write can frames in burst
the default block size in block mode is 16, so there will be 16 can frames
written in the interface in one burst for each block.
You can also reduce the block size used by canfestival with the configure
script.

use https://bitbucket.org/Mongo/canfestival-3-asc for a more up to date code.

Kind regards

--
Francois Beaulier
www.ingelibre.fr<http://www.ingelibre.fr>

Le 13/10/2016 à 02:41,
canfestival-devel@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:canfestival-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
 a écrit :
Hi list,

We are running CanFestival on a RPi3 and using code derived from EPOSMachineKit
for DS302 & DS402 management.  We will need to be able to update the code on
our custom motor controller boards and in looking at CanFestival I have a
couple of questions about the interface.
 1st. If I send a writeNetworkDict call for a Domain OD entry with a data size
of greater than 8 bytes, will CanFestival automatically do a segmented transfer?
 2nd. In the interface spec for the writeNetworkDict calls, the last parameter
is for a BlockMode, but there really isn't any documentation on what that
parameter does, and there are no examples that I can find for its use. Are
there any examples available that show using the BlockMode?

Regards,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg
Sakura Finetek
310-783-5075