From: Мария Смирнова
Date: Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:07 AM
Subject: Moscow GMM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi, here is my report about WMM in Moscow:
http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.htmlhope,
you'll find it interesting enough. It will be great if you place a
link at your sites.

Best wishes,
Maria.

==== end of forwarded message ====

*Web page begins: *

Political lytdybr: Worldwide Marijuana March in Moscow: the continuation:
http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html

 skip to main
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html#main>|
skip
sidebar<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html#sidebar>
   Political lytdybr <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/>

A diary of Russian political activist
     Monday, 5 May 2008  Worldwide Marijuana March in Moscow: the
continuation<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html>

After the repressions at Moscow GMM -
2007<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007/05/global-marijuana-march-in-moscow-total.html>we
gave up the idea to organize a march and decided to limit ourselves to
Cannabis Walk as it was in 2006. Two years ago our action was a great
fortune. No cannabis activists were arrested, the police was quiete friendly
and all the walkers passed the time chatting, singing, playing mouth harps
and drums. So this year we hoped to organize something similar.

We published an official statement on the CLL
site<http://legaliz.info/9/news/154>,
so that both authorities and activists could learn that no marches would be
held in Moscow in 2008. We offered our supporters to come to the fountain
"Friendship of Nations" at the All-Russia Exhibition Centre. There should be
no banners or other means of political propaganda: only thematic clothes,
excellent mood and musical instruments.

As soon as the statement was published we met the aggressive reaction of the
Federal Service of Drug Control (Russian DEA analog). In the interview to
one of the most famous Russian news agencies the head of informational
department of the FSDC Alexander Mikhailov commented our action in the
following expressions:

"Legalization of cannabis as a drug is out of the question. This theme
mustn't be discussed at all. Such actions are the grossest breach of the
peace and hooliganism. This is a spring exacerbation on which the bodies of
internal affairs and psychiatrists should react".

When we came to the "Friendship of Nations" on May, 3rd, at 3 P.M. we found
out that the fountain was blocked by forces of
OMON<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMON>and metal fences. Members of
OMON and non-uniformed people caught out of the
crowd everybody who seemed suspicious to them no matter if it was a
Rastafarian, a punk, an emo or just a long-haired guy. In a few minutes 8
persons were arrested without any reasons. Some of them knew nothing about
the action and came to the All-Russia Exhibition Centre just to have fun on
the holiday. All the journalists who managed to fix the arrests were forced
to erase their videos and photos under blackmailing by arrest or spoiling
the camera.

40 minutes later I was sitting in a company of 8 or 10 people in 200 metres
from the fountain. We did nothing and spent our time chatting and waiting
for the other activists, so that we could go to a more peaceful place. We
just wanted to change our dislocation when a band of OMON came near us and
asked us to stay at our places. As I remembered clearly the last year march
and as it was still possible to get out, I tried to run away. I was lucky to
reach the exit from the All-Russia Exhibition Centre when a backheel of a
non-uniformed person stopped me. Two seconds of free-fall - and I was lying
on the ground. As I wasn't able to stand up myself the members of OMON began
to beat me. I don't remember the moment I got to the military bus. The left
side of my body was injured but the men in the bus denied me in any medical
assistance. I could receive some help only in the police department.

The treatment in the police department was much better than last year. Only
one guy of about 15 of our arrested supporters was subjected to pressure
from the policemen. It took us two hours to understand the reason of our
imprisoning. It sounded very funny and absolutely illegal. The matter was
that the Federal Service of Drug Control just wanted to speak to us about
the harm of drugs and any actions devoted to their legalization. So after 3
hours in the police department all of us were released from custody without
any claims, fees or protocols and could continue the Cannabis Walk.

As a result of this amiable speech with the representatives of law I now
have a fracture of a clavicle and several less painful but much more
effective injuries - a good illustration of their methods of leading
discussion as well as a good occasion for further legal struggle.

<http://bp2.blogger.com/_OVD-pjM8nT4/SB8X_oEHZwI/AAAAAAAAADI/MIkFqzoycJ4/s1600-h/imgp2091.jpg>

Автор mariasmirnova  на
07:12<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html>

<http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=88228380870061785&postID=8729380499402313348>

Ярлыки: actions <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/search/label/actions>
   1 комментария(ев):  Bas Tielens said...

In Belgium 4 people were taken to the police headquarters for interrogation
after planting a seed in public. They were released after a couple of hours
. Maybe in the future even the Russian police (together with the Antwerp
police force) understand that repression is not the best way to deal with
drugs. I wish you a lot of strength!
Bas
  05 May 2008 10:01
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?showComment=1210006860000#c781074203102586098>

<http://www.blogger.com/delete-comment.g?blogID=88228380870061785&postID=781074203102586098>

Post a
Comment<http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=88228380870061785&postID=8729380499402313348>
     Older
Post<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007/12/choice-with-no-choice-or-russian-state.html>
Home <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/>
 Subscribe to: Post Comments
(Atom)<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/feeds/8729380499402313348/comments/default>
   About Me [image: My
Photo]<http://www.blogger.com/profile/06525150861526655853> Maria
SmirnovaStill alive. View my complete
profile<http://www.blogger.com/profile/06525150861526655853>
<http://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=88228380870061785&widgetType=Profile&widgetId=Profile1&action=editWidget>
 My Friends

   - Sergey Kostyliov <http://rathamahata.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=88228380870061785&widgetType=LinkList&widgetId=LinkList1&action=editWidget>
 Activism

   - Free Radicals <http://radicalfree.org/>
   - Cannabis Legalize League <http://legaliz.info/>

<http://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=88228380870061785&widgetType=LinkList&widgetId=LinkList2&action=editWidget>
 Labels

   -  actions <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/search/label/actions> (4)
   -  elections <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/search/label/elections> (1)

<http://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=88228380870061785&widgetType=Label&widgetId=Label1&action=editWidget>
 Blog Archive

   -  ▼
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=close&toggle=YEARLY-1199174400000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>

2008<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=1>
   (1)
      -  ▼
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=close&toggle=MONTHLY-1209625200000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>
      May <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html> (1)
         - Worldwide Marijuana March in Moscow: the
continuat...<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html>

   -  ►
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=YEARLY-1167638400000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>

2007<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=3>
   (3)
      -  ►
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=MONTHLY-1196496000000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>
      December <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html> (1)
         - Choice with no choice or the Russian State Duma
el...<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007/12/choice-with-no-choice-or-russian-state.html>
       -  ►
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=MONTHLY-1180681200000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>
      June <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html> (1)
         - May, 27 - the second Moscow gay-pride or the
pecul...<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007/06/may-27-second-moscow-gay-pride-or.html>
       -  ►
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=MONTHLY-1178002800000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>
      May <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html> (1)
         - Global Marijuana March in Moscow: the total
madnes...<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2007/05/global-marijuana-march-in-moscow-total.html>

   -  ►
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=YEARLY-1136102400000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>

2006<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=2>
   (2)
      -  ►
<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2008/05/worldwide-marijuana-march-in-moscow.html?widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=toggle&dir=open&toggle=MONTHLY-1164960000000&toggleopen=MONTHLY-1209625200000>
      December <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html> (2)
         - The hot season<http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2006/12/hot-season.html>
         - Start <http://hvoya.blogspot.com/2006/12/start.html>

<http://www.blogger.com/rearrange?blogID=88228380870061785&widgetType=BlogArchive&widgetId=BlogArchive1&action=editWidget>