Hi,

I'm not sure if that korg repo is already dead. Intel doesn't commit
changes to this repo often. The new github repo seems to be a new
location for storing accumulative dumps instead. I'm not sure how to
use it properly yet.

The reason we still commit updates to backport-iwlwifi-dkms ubuntu
package right now is that we may take it as a way to
investigate/verify potential problems during hardware enablements. To
use the in-tree driver or to backport the in-tree driver when
necessary are still the first two options we'll take. Only when very
few cases on controlled platforms and in a limited time frame will we
reconsider the use of an out-of-tree one. So I don't think it's that
critical at this moment.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 10:48 AM Wade Penner <wade.pen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like repo on git.kernel.org is not longer being updated:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/backport-iwlwifi.git
>
> I see updates have recently been pushed to github instead:
> https://github.com/intel/backport-iwlwifi
>
> Using the code published on github I was able to update my AX210 to
> iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0-74.ucode.
>
> Do we know if they have changed the official repo to github and
> abandoned git.kernel.org?
>
> Will the Canonical Hardware Enablement be doing an update with the new code?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~ Wade
>
> --

Regards,