Thanks for the quick response on that, Ezra. I've applied your patch and will get another release ready by the end of the week.

- Jamis

On Jan 2, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

Hey Jamis -

I did some work and was able to find and fix the bug that people are having with the 1.3 release and ssh authentication failure when using a gateway. The bug was in my patch for username and ports in server strings. When a gateway was used the retry block in the SSH.connect method was called and the explicit port number passed in by the gateway was not being respected.

I have fixed this error and I sent a patched gem to Jason Norris who originally reported this problem. And the fix has gotten rid of the error and his recipe runs fine now. I can also no longer make this bug happen. Patch submitted to the trac:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/6913

I would say this warrants another release. I apologize for not finding this before you released 1.3

Cheers-

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz -- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)