On Jan 18, 2007, at 7:57 PM, Rob Sanheim wrote:

I'd like to keep everything in svn, including any maintenance files
under /system.  Is this possible with Capistrano?

ANYTHING is possible with Capistrano. ;) You just might have to write a few custom tasks to do what you want, though.

My recommendation, though, would be to leave the /system directory as- is, and put the things you want in version control in a directory within your project. Then, when you want to go (e.g.) into maint- mode, have a cap task that just copies the file from that directory to /system.

- Jamis