This probably seems like a ridiculous question, but I just can't
figure this one out:

I'm trying to create a task to upload a file, so I added

namespace :deploy do
  task :my_txt, :roles => :db do
    upload('/tmp/myfile.txt','/tmp/myfile.txt')
  end
end

to my deploy.rb--just like I've seen in some docs and blog posts.

The problem is that when I run this, I get "Please specify at least
one file or directory to update (via the FILES environment variable)"--
seems like the call to upload is invoking the task from the cap
recipes rather than from the Configuration::Actions::FileTransfer
module.  I'm guessing this is because I'm in the deploy namespace.

How can I force cap to invoke the helper function rather than the
recipes task?