Hi
I want to create custom config files and would appreciate any tips if
anyone has attempted the same thing.

I am planning to do it in the following way:
Download the config files using run command with svn
insert and append the config files using the run command with sed and
awk based on the servers in my roles.

Typically what I am going to do is setup our modjk loadbalancer
according the the list of tomcat application servers.

We also loadbalance accross our apaches that run modjk and I intend
using capistrano to build/customize there config files too.

What I am trying to achieve is that after having build the servers the
only other step I need to do is write a capistrano config and then run
1 or 2 cap commands to deploy new configs and applications to my
environment.

Eventually I can reverse the steps; write the config file first which
then takes care of building the virtual servers and configuring them.

Regards