Thank for the quick response.  You have a good point about the IP
restrictions and it's a good idea to use the all privileges without
the GRANT or removing of other permissions.  I was starting to think
along those lines of extending the base deploy strategy, but I hadn't
read anywhere of people suggesting such a thing, so I didn't know if I
was missing something obvious or being too paranoid.  Thanks for
reinforcing the idea - I'll continue down that path.