Alex,
Is your patch working with other scm's too, or in fixing darcs for yourself;
have you broken something?

If it works, I don't see why not to send a pull request; I don't know enough
about Darcs to comment; I've never actually used it..... but I don't see any
harm at all in including your patch.

- Lee Hambley