Alexey,
That is the default behavior, you may have to try setting a variable called
:migrate_env, and see what difference that makes, you may have to to set it
with a lambda, something like this:

set(:migrate_env, { stage })

That should not err if stage isn't defined (something you may run into a few
times with multistage) -- only evaluates the {} when the variable is
accessed.

The actual task definition, is here in the code:

 http://bit.ly/MTSFP

- Hope that helps