I just bit by the same problem connecting to Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic
Koala).

I think this is going to affect all Capistrano users who use sudo in
recipes.

Capistrano supports sudo with passwords and ubuntu has always granted
a pty when you ssh to it.

Any idea what may have changed in last weeks release of Ubuntu?

- Mike