The reason I did

default_run_options[:pty] = true

was that I read somewhere that it "Must be set for the password prompt
from git to work".

I removed it and I'll see what happens.

Additionally, after defaulting to the base 'sh', I'm getting an error
indicating "bundle" can't be found on the target machine so the
bundall install is not executing.

What is the best practice way for the $PATH variable to be set
correctly so bundle and other commands initiated by capistrano on the
target can find their needed files, e.g. project source, gems,
commands themselves like bundle, etc.

Previously, I had the $PATH variable set in the .bashrc.  Is best
practice to set it in the .profile for 'sh'?

Thanks,
Chris